Friday, February 13, 2009

What a Year!

Ok, so it's been a while. I spent over a year sick with various physical ailments, mostly heart related. I swear, when I die I'm going to speak to the manufacturer about the warranty I was issued at birth.

I actually had one REALLY good week (health-wise) back in August of 2008. I got to attend the Armadillo Con in Austun. It's not your typical convention crowded with people in costumes; it's a literary convention focuseed on writing in the science fiction, fantasy and horror genre'. I met some wonderful people there and had a chance to speak with one of my favortie authors (Joe Haldeman and his lovely wife Gay) and met a new favortie author, John Scalzi (If you like pants-wetting humor, try his novels "The Android's Dream" and "Agent to the Stars") I also had a chance to meet with many authors and leran of their own trials in getting published. If you can make it, I highly recommend this convention. It will be held on August 14 - 16, 2009 (http://fact.org/dillo/index.html).

I have been finally able to focus on writing the last couple of months, and have several stories almost finished and ready to be critiqued.

One thing I love: In Texas, the concept of winter is just that, a concept. In January it dropped into the 20's at night for a few days. It's now the second week in February and the temps are up into the 60's and 70's during the day and the 40's and 50's at night. New England spent a couple of months dealing with sub-freezing temperatures and massive amounts of snow and ice. I like Texas! :-)

No comments: