Saturday, June 9, 2007

Starting point...

This will be my record of getting my novel published. I am about 2/3rd's of the way through it, and have been reviewing it every few days to get the crap out of it. After 65,000 words, I seem to have a fairly coherant plot and apparently likable characters.

Here is the basic plot:

We've been in space about 180 years. It is currently the year 2187. We went interstellar around the end of the last century, utilizing something called a Tachyon Pump that forces a ship and contents to become Tachyon particles. They wiffle away in the general direction they wish to go in, and get pretty much anywhere in their small volume of space in less than a month.

The crew of this particular ship get involved in some odd dealings with a mysterious stranger (is there any other kind?) who involves them in some pretty shady dealing.

I have enjoyed writing this story so far, and hope to have it off to an agent or publisher before I move to Austin, Texas later this summer. It currently consumes a lot of my free time (Which is measured in Planck Time Units as is!) .

I will keep this updated with my progress, as I think it's time to get it out there. Hang on, it's going to be a wild ride!

D.D. Tannenbaum

No comments: